JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2022 - July 31, 2022
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Other Nonacademic (Temporary, Part-Time, Non-Salaried, Consulting, Etc.)
Location: New Haven, Connecticut, UNITED STATES
C2 -- Single Equation Models; Single Variables
I1 -- Health
J1 -- Demographic Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Professor Jason Abaluck (Yale University) seeks to hire a highly skilled research associate to work on projects investigating health economics, focused on health outcomes. The position is funded through the National Bureau of Economics Research and is located at Yale University in New Haven, CT.
The candidate will perform research and data analysis for several projects investigating whether consumers make informed choices and how to design healthcare markets in light of the complexity of decision-making in this sector. Questions will be investigated using data from large-scale administrative databases.
This position will provide training in economics research to prepare a candidate for doctoral studies.
• Develop research files from large claim datasets.
• Work independently with senior researchers and programmers.
• Maintain documentation of datasets and analyses.
• Summarize and present findings; help prepare manuscripts.
• Bachelor’s degree in economics, statistics or related quantitative field.
• Proficiency in Stata required; proficiency in R, SAS, Python or MATLAB may be useful but is unnecessary
• Familiarity with the health care system and clinical terms and concepts.
• Prior research assistant experience
Please upload at:
1) Cover letter describing your interests and qualifications
- External Application Link