JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2022 - July 31, 2022
Missouri Western State University
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: St Joseph, Missouri, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: A2 -- Economic Education and Teaching of Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Missouri Western State University, located in St. Joseph, MO, just 45 minutes north of Kansas City, has an opportunity for an Assistant Professor of Economics.
The Department of Social Sciences and Humanities at Missouri Western State University invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track, Assistant Professor of Economics position, beginning in Fall 2022. The teaching load is 4/4. The candidate is expected to publish in quality peer-reviewed journals or books, and perform service to the department, college, and university. The committee will begin reviewing applications April 29, 2022, with preference given to applications submitted before that date.
To review full description and to apply, go to:
- A Ph.D. in Economics or in a related field. ABD applicants must submit a letter from their Dissertation Chairperson to confirm that they are on track to graduate by Spring 2022.
- An excellent teaching record and demonstrated skills to teach students with varied educational strengths.
- In addition, the right candidate must be willing to teach both face-to-face and online courses, as needed.
- A promising active research agenda focused on applied microeconomics, and in particular, health economics. - Applicants with strong empirical skills are preferred.
- External Application Link