JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2022 - July 31, 2022
Iowa State University
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Ames, Iowa, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: 00 -- 00 - Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Postdoctoral Research Associate – CARD
The Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) and the Department of Economics, Iowa State University seek a qualified postdoctoral research associate. The successful candidate will contribute to one or more sponsored research projects related to energy, carbon sequestration, agricultural sustainability or related topics through benefit/cost analysis, input/output modeling and related techniques. There may be opportunities to teach courses related to the candidate’s area of specialization and to conduct self-directed research. Knowledge of energy economics and the agricultural sector are desirable, as is experience with benefit/cost analysis.
Ph.D. in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Public Policy or related fields
- Demonstrated experience with the techniques of benefit/cost analysis, input/output modeling, and/or applied welfare analysis
- Demonstrated knowledge of energy economics, agricultural economics, sustainability or other relevant disciplines.
- Demonstrated excellence in research.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
Proposed start date: July 1, 2022
Proposed end date: June 30, 2024
- External Application URL and Instructions Below
- Letters of Reference Instructions Below
- Letters of Reference Link
Please be prepared to enter or attach the following:
1) Letter of interest describing experience in relation to required and preferred qualifications
3) Research sample
4) 3 Letters of recommendation
If you have questions regarding this application process, please email employment@ or call 515-294-4800 or Toll Free: 1-877-477-7485.