JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2022 - July 31, 2022
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Pittsburgh , Pennsylvania, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: G2 -- Financial Institutions and Services
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Quantitative Analytics/Modeling Analyst Senior
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Quantitative Analytics/Modeling Analyst Senior within PNC’s Model Risk Management Team, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA or within the PNC footprint.
• Validate credit models, particularly those supporting CECL and stress testing estimates. Support validations in other areas, as needed.
• Review model documentation, undertake testing to confirm soundness of models, and write reports describing validation findings.
• Use quantitative tools and techniques to measure and analyze model risks and reach conclusions on strengths and limitations of models.
• Perform qualitative and quantitative testing and assessments of all aspects of models, including theoretical aspects, model design, as well as data quality and integrity.
• Assess models for bias; formulate appropriate tests to determine if bias exists, and consider methods for mitigating bias.
• Make recommendations for model improvement and cite issues based on findings.
• Contribute to the development of validation guidelines for assigned models.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant modeling techniques and testing consistent with industry practice and academic papers.
• Strong writing, analytical thinking, and communication skills
• Proficiency in Python, R or SAS
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ph.D. in Economics, Statistics or comparable fields
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Click here to apply today!
- External Application Link