JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2022 - July 31, 2022
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Other Nonacademic (Temporary, Part-Time, Non-Salaried, Consulting, Etc.)
Location: San Francisco, California, UNITED STATES
E -- Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics
F -- International Economics
G -- Financial Economics
J -- Labor and Demographic Economics
O -- Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth
Q -- Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics
R -- Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Visiting Fellow – Term Assignment
The Research Department of the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is soliciting applications for a one-year visiting fellowship to pursue economic research while in residence at the San Francisco Fed. The position offers the opportunity to interact with Fed economists and faculty members from nearby institutions and to get exposure to policy discussions. For all candidates, solid research achievement and potential are essential and selection will be based upon publication records.
The Economic Research department offers an outstanding research environment and competitive salary and benefits. Information about the Research Department may be found at:
• Conducts independent and original research on economic issues.
• Interacts with economists in the Economic Research department.
• Works with and mentors assigned research associates.
• PhD in Economics with a minimum of three years of research experience and excellent communication skills.
• In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
• Effective October 1, 2021, all employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or qualify for an accommodation from the Bank’s vaccination policy; the Bank will provide accommodations as required by law for individuals unable to be vaccinated due to medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
Please use the link below to apply and complete an application. In addition, please send cover letter, CV, and at least one research paper to with the email subject "Application to Visiting Fellow Program".
At the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, we offer a wonderful benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Pretax Flexible Spending Account, Paid Family Leave Care, Backup Child Care Program, Pretax Day Care Flexible Spending Account, Vacation Days, Sick Days, Paid Holiday’s, Pet Insurance, Matching 401(k), and an unheard-of Retirement / Pension.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
At the SF Fed, we believe in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve. The SF Fed is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.
- External Application URL and Instructions Below
- Letters of Reference Instructions Below