JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2022 - July 31, 2022
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Other Academic (Visiting or Temporary)
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: R0 -- General
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The MIT Center for Real Estate seeks a postdoc to join a collaborative team of faculty and researchers focusing on all aspects of real estate and urban economics including: housing, urban growth, finance, development, investment, housing affordability, sustainability, and new technologies.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Perform independent research in areas including Urban Economics, Housing, Real Estate Finance, and the interaction between markets and housing affordability.
• Publishing, presenting, and disseminating research to the global community
• Collaborating with MIT/CRE professors in their research
• Working with private, industry and/or government research sponsors to apply for research grants
• Help identify projects and write case studies in urban economic and real estate finance, with an emphasis on affordable housing policies worldwide.
Qualifications & Skills:
• A Ph.D. in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Data Science, Transportation, Operations, Management, Engineering, or related fields.
• Solid skills in data analytics, statistics, and econometrics
• Excellent writing and verbal communication.
• Proactive, optimistic approach to problem-solving, and time management.
• Ability to incubate and envision new, innovative research projects and successfully manage their implementation.
• Computer Skills: Statistical such as: Stata, R, MATLAB, Python, Mathematica; GeoDatabases: ArcGIS10 or QGIS (or commitment to learn)
- External Application Link