JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2022 - July 31, 2022
Ivey Business School at Western University
Position Title/Short Description
Section: International:Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: London, Ontario, CANADA
JEL Classification: A2 -- Economic Education and Teaching of Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Ivey Business School at Western University, London, Ontario seeks candidates for a new Chair in Telecommunication Economics, Policy and Regulation. This Chair will provide an opportunity to enhance research in the area of economic, policy, regulatory and investment environments of Canada’s digital and telecommunication market. The ideal candidate will have an accomplished academic publication record and/or extensive career experience at senior leadership levels in government or the telecommunication industry. They will be a recognized academic and/or practitioner expert in the area of telecommunications policy and regulation. They will likely hold a PhD in business, economics, or a related social science discipline.
Applicants will be considered for a Probationary (tenure-track) appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor, or Tenured appointment at the rank of Associate or Full Professor; rank to be determined by qualifications and experience. A Limited term appointment will also be considered. The position is available to begin in July 2022, although alternate start dates may be arranged. The initial appointment for the Chair in Telecommunication, Economics, Policy and Regulation will be a 4-year term.
For more information please visit
- Application Instructions Below
• Completed application form ( )
• Cover letter
• Curriculum vitae
• Copies of research papers and/or reports
• a diversity statement that speaks to how the candidate’s leadership/research/teaching program will further equity, diversity, inclusion and decolonization within the department, Faculty and Institution.
• Names and email addresses of three referees (who will not be approached without permission). Letters of reference will be required for shortlisted candidates.