JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2022 - July 31, 2022
The Burning Glass Institute
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: New York, New York, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: J0 -- General
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Burning Glass Institute seeks an Economist to join us in building a leading labor market analysis research center and in undertaking discourse-shaping work.
The Economist will conduct and support research on labor market trends and on worker mobility and equity, regional and national talent development and job creation, and on firm-level practice. The Economist will be responsible for executing research, developing research methodology, and analyzing data and materials.
Reporting to the Chief Economist, the Economist will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge datasets such as social profiles and online job postings, to complement official labor market data sources.
• Experience with R is required.
• A Master’s in economics or quantitative policy or social science domain is required; a Ph.D. is desirable.
• Knowledge of the US economy and labor market is required.
• Background in one of the following is preferred: applied microeconomics, labor economics, or econometrics.
• You must be authorized to work in the United States.
This is a remote work position but the ability to work to join regular in-person meetings (typically once or twice per week in New York, Philadelphia, or Washington) is strongly preferred.
- Cover Letter