JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2022 - July 31, 2022
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Toronto, Ontario, CANADA
JEL Classification: Z0 -- General
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Financial Services Credit Risk practice, within Risk Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help organisations rethink their approach to risk by developing a distinctive strategy and creating capabilities and performance. We play an important part in helping our clients assess, design and develop solutions that not only help them manage risk but also transform risk and complexity into a sustainable advantage.
Our team helps organisations measure and manage the risk associated with borrower, counterparties or other third parties who have a financial or contractual commitment to them. As part of the team, you’ll help assess, design, and implement strategic credit risk functions, collection and recovery units as well as leading credit risk management trainings
Important point(s) to consider
Putting the safety of our people and clients first as we look to a hybrid future: The health, well-being and safety of our colleagues, clients, and communities is our number one priority. Vaccinations have proven to reduce the risk of COVID-19. Effective Friday, October 1, 2021, PwC Canada requires all partners, staff, contractors and visitors to be fully-vaccinated when entering a PwC location, subject to applicable legal exemptions. At PwC, the future ways of work will be a hybrid of in-person and virtual, allowing choice and flexibility to explore new ways of working and collaborating. Read this press release for further details.
What you’ll create and do
● Leading the execution of credit risk projects, such as model development, validation and implementation of credit risk methodologies including but not limited to obligor and facility risk rating, Basel regulatory capital, economic capital, and stress testing models, allowance for loan and lease loss models (e.g., IFRS9). Assist assurance teams with reviews of clients’ model development and validation processes.
● Develop/evaluate macroeconomic models and forecasts for financial institutions
● Apply macroeconomic theory to develop new service offerings such as translation of climate scenarios, climate risk modelling for credit and market risk factors, etc.
● Collaborate with the team members at various levels to lead and develop compelling client proposals, white papers, thought leadership and points of view, describing the business challenge and proposed business solutions.
● Provide coaching to team members during project execution as well as career development
● Build and maintain effective, trusting and collaborative client relationships.
What you’ll bring to this role
● An interest in upskilling for a digital world and technology trends, an openness to learning new tools and adapting how you work
● A demonstrated commitment to valuing differences and working alongside diverse people and perspectives
● PhD or Master’s degree in Economics, Math, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Financial Engineering or a similar quantitative discipline is required
● Experience with credit risk modelling is required, strong statistical modelling skills and strong programming skills in SAS, R, Python
● Experience with macroeconomic forecasting through academic research or similar working experience
● Good understanding of the economic indicators and a passion for macroeconomic analysis.
● Proficiency in synthesizing complex concepts and information from a variety of sources.
● Good understanding of Basel and IFRS 9 regulatory frameworks as well as credit risk processes, credit risk analytics and risk rating methodologies and risk management policies
● Exceptional commitment to providing excellent client service, by building and maintaining productive relationships with both internal and external clients
● Strong abilities to write and deliver proposals to prospective clients, including leveraging PC applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
Why you’ll love working for PwC
At PwC, we support you through a range of financial and non-financial rewards and benefits. Discover a life that works for you with our diverse, inclusive and flexible culture. To learn how you can grow and shine in your career at PwC, please visit:
See how you can create your future at PwC
Get to know us
Check out our careers blog to hear what our people have to say and discover a place where you can bring your passions and whole self to work.
Applying at PwC
At PwC, we embrace new technology where you will learn to innovate and deliver differently. For Administrative, Specialist, Associate, Senior Associate, and Manager roles you may have the opportunity to participate in an on-demand video interview. To learn more about our innovative cloud-based online application interview process click here:
We take your privacy seriously. To protect your personal information, please submit your application directly through PwC Canada Careers:
- External Application Link