JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2022 - July 31, 2022
OnPoint Analytics, Inc.
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Emeryville, California, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: I1 -- Health
Status Update: Position has been filled
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Located in Emeryville, California (the San Francisco Bay Area), OnPoint Analytics ( provides economic, financial, and statistical consulting services to parties involved in high-stakes, commercial litigation. We specialize in cases involving antitrust issues, intellectual property rights, health care, pharmaceuticals, financial instruments, and complex contractual disputes.
OnPoint is currently recruiting a full-time Healthcare Economist for immediate hire to play an important role in our pharmaceutical and healthcare practice. The successful applicant must have 1) strong knowledge of the U.S. pharmaceutical industry, including major participants, industry structure, regulatory system, news and information sources; 2) extensive experience with key pharmaceutical industry data sources; and 3) proficiency in statistical and data programming. The work is challenging, fun, and important. It is a team effort and we need someone who enjoys working with others while exercising intellectual independence, initiative, and leadership.
Base salary is competitive, there is significant bonus potential, and we offer a robust benefit package.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
• Management of case schedules, junior staff, and client relationships
• Hands on research and economic analysis of the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries
• Analysis of payment and reimbursement systems (government and private)
• Defining data needs and obtaining appropriate data from government, commercial, and academic sources
• Data cleaning and transformation
• Statistical, econometric, and graphical analysis (Stata or SAS)
• Drafting memos and contributions to expert reports designed for non-technical audiences
• Working with other team members and fostering a collaborative environment
• Ph.D. in public health, economics, statistics, or similar field
• Understanding of competition economics and familiarity with antitrust concepts
• Prior data analytics employment within healthcare, pharmaceutical or life science industry preferred
• Familiarity with Pharmacy (NCPDP) and claims data standards and layouts
• Familiarity with standard industry-specific metrics pertaining to pharmaceutical approvals, marketing, pricing and sales, including experience with IQVIA and other standard industry data sources
• Demonstrated research capabilities using academic literature
• Advanced skills in Excel, including graphing, pivot table, and lookup functions
• Proficiency with Stata or SAS
• Familiarity with HIPAA regulations
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Interest in generating publications
• Extreme attention to detail and the ability to develop answers to difficult questions using sometimes limited information
• Comfort working under tight deadlines in an inherently demanding business
- Application Instructions Below
Email resume and cover letter to resumes@ , referencing “Healthcare Economist (22-02)” in the subject line.