JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2021 - January 31, 2022
Deloitte Tohmatsu Financial Advisory LLC, Tokyo, Japan
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Other Nonacademic (Temporary, Part-Time, Non-Salaried, Consulting, Etc.)
Location: Tokyo, TOKYO, JAPAN
D -- Microeconomics
E -- Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics
G -- Financial Economics
H -- Public Economics
R -- Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Deloitte Tohmatsu Financial Advisory (DTFA) is Japan’s largest financial advisory firm and is focusing on providing clients with strategic and transactional related services for key decisions, including M&A.
Our Economics Service team, a leading practice in Japan, delivers unique insights to help public and private-sector organizations plan for the future, understand the implications of major investment decision, and navigate the complexities of policy/strategy and project development and implementation.
As we look to expand our fast-growing team, we are seeking to recruit talented economists with a passion for cutting-edge empirical analysis, a commitment to high quality analysis and advice, and a desire to work in a fast-paced and influential, team environment.
As an Economist in the team, you will have the opportunity to work on high-profile economic and policy issues that will shape the future of Japanese Economy.
What does the DTFA Economics Team do?
- Advise and support our clients across the public, private, and not-for-profit sectors
- Combine our micro, macro-economic, and econometric analytical capability to provide clients with objective, respected and strategic insights
- Advise on topical global, national and local policy matters covering environment, social, and economic issues
What will you do?
- Work with our clients to define their problems and deliver innovative solutions
- Identify key economic issues and develop an analytical framework
- Formulate economic/econometric models and derive critical insights
- Measure project performance with various analytical frameworks including I/O analysis, general equilibrium analysis, and socio-economic approach
- Draft well-written, clear and insightful reports for clients, and presents results of analyses in an accessible way
- Contribute to our supportive and professional team culture
- A Master’s degree or PhD in economics, or related academic discipline
- Excellent oral and written skills in English and Japanese (JLPT1 or equivalent）
- 3 Years’ experience in consulting firms, academia (including PhD program), governmental agencies, or international organizations
- Experience and interest in applied empirical analysis and research, including econometric analysis and/or economic modeling
- A passion for policy and the application of a framework in economics to real world business issues
- Strong critical thinking skills, adeptness in a project team environment, sound communication, confidence working with/interpreting data, and a motivation and agility to learn from and with your colleagues
- Fluency in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), with fluency in data analysis software (e.g. R, SAS, Stata, SQL, etc.) an advantage
At Deloitte, we believe that creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion is the responsibility of all of us and central to our ability to execute on strategy. We know that at the intersection of diversity and inclusion lies and area rich with fresh, innovative ideas and creativity – which derives a better employee experience and ultimately – better outcomes. Respect and inclusion are core values and we encourage applications from diverse candidates.
- Application Instructions Below
Contact email address: