JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2021 - January 31, 2022
Position Title/Short Description
Section: International:Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Toyonaka, Osaka, JAPAN
JEL Classification: E -- Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Graduate School of Economics at Osaka University invites applications for a tenure-track associate /associate professor position in macroeconomics beginning in September 2022.
The successful candidate will conduct research and teach at the Graduate School of Economics. The associate professor position is a tenured position. The term of the initial employment contract of the tenure-track associate professor (lecturer) is five years, and the tenure decision will be conducted by the end of the fourth year. If a candidate does not obtain tenure but is judged to be suitable for reappointment, the committee will approve a one-year extension of the term only once. If the committee approves the extension, the tenure decision will be conducted again by the end of the fifth year.
Applicants must have:
1. A doctoral degree or equivalent professional expertise and/or achievement in the above field/s
2. Articles published in peer-reviewed journals of the related field/s
3. Business level or above Japanese language proficiency and ability to hold lectures of Graduate School of Economics in English
A detailed description of applications is found at:
- Application Instructions Below
(1) A Curriculum Vitae
(2) A list of research achievements
(3) Major original papers (five papers or less)
(4) A list of two references for Associate Professor applications and two letters of recommendation for tenure-track Associate Professor (Lecturer) applications.