JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2021 - January 31, 2022
East Tennessee State University
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Johnson City, Tennessee, UNITED STATES
A1 -- General Economics
D0 -- General
E0 -- General
G0 -- General
M0 -- General
Full Text of JOE Listing:
East Tennessee State University invites applications for the position of Chair of the Department of Economics and Finance in the College of Business and Technology. The position is a 12-month Associate Professor/Professor appointment. Candidate would need to be qualified to receive tenure upon appointment. Faculty rank commensurate with education and experience.
The Department of Economics and Finance at ETSU offers a traditional Bachelor of Business Administration degree in either Economics or Finance (AACSB accredited) or a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics. The department is comprised of 18 faculty and staff.
• PhD in economics or finance from an AACSB accredited university program.
• Rank of Associate Professor or higher with at least 10 years of academic experience.
• A record of exemplary teaching, service, and significant intellectual contributions commiserate with experience and current rank.
• The successful candidate should expect to maintain an active program of teaching, service, and research.
• Ability to work collaboratively within the Department, College and University is essential.
• Ability to teach economics or finance courses based on departmental needs.
Candidates should contact Dr. Paul Sims SIMSJ@ with questions.
See job announcement for a detailed position description and application instructions:
- External Application Link