JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2021 - January 31, 2022
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Locations: Mountain View, California, UNITED STATES
Atlanta, Georgia, UNITED STATES
New York, New York, UNITED STATES
Los Angeles, California, UNITED STATES
San Francisco, California, UNITED STATES
D9 -- Micro-Based Behavioral Economics
C9 -- Design of Experiments
C1 -- Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
Full Text of JOE Listing:
As a Behavioral Economist at Google, you will be a business leader and strategic thinker, shaping the future of Google’s many consumer and business products. Using your background in behavioral science, analytics, and experimental research methods, you will inform decisions about how we develop products and the overall user experience.
You’ll work closely with product and engineering teams — as well as policy and marketing teams embedded within each product area — to design research projects and to make changes to product and marketing that are informed by behavioral economics. This is a highly collaborative role and you’ll develop ongoing relationships with teams to help build sustainable, long-term impact.
- PhD degree in economics or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience applying behavioral science and research methods to real-world challenges.
- Experience working with large data systems.
- Experience building data pipelines, and/or experience collecting and curating data from multiple sources.
- Experience in network analysis—especially using it to study the spread of information.
- Experience building things from scratch.
- A knack for building collaborative partnerships with product and engineering teams.
- Strong ability to effectively influence and communicate across all levels of management, and work on multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic, fluid, and fast-paced environment.
- External Application Link