JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2021 - January 31, 2022
American Institute for Economic Research
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Great Barrington, Massachusetts, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: Y9 -- Other
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The American Institute for Economic Research (AIER) seeks a principled and visionary President to lead the organization and ensure that AIER continues to advance its mission.
AIER is a non-partisan research and educational nonprofit dedicated to developing and promoting the ideas of pure freedom and private governance by combining economic research with accessible media outreach and programming to cultivate a better, broader understanding of the fundamental principles that enable peace and prosperity around the world.
Located in Great Barrington, MA, the President can be based out of the main campus or have a hybrid position.
* Individual Freedom
* Limited Government
* Sound Money
* Free Markets
* Thought Leader
* Self-Motivated and Disciplined
* PhD or MA in Economics, Politics, or related field
* 10+ years professional experience with 5+ years executive or senior managerial experience
* Proven track record of leadership and managerial success
* Long-term strategic planning, program development, and metric/analysis experience
* Fundraising experience
* Stature in economic/free market/think tank space
* Superior written and verbal communication
* Strong ability to be media spokesperson/inspirational standard-bearer
The Role of The President
The President serves as the principal executive and administrative officer, overseeing the entire organization, as well as being an influential public spokesperson who can travel about 25% of the time. This internal and external facing position requires someone who has a strong vision, is adept at leading and managing, and already has familiarity with or reputation in the nonprofit, free market space.
Primary responsibilities include:
1. Strategic Planning—working with the board and staff to develop and oversee AIER’s strategic vision and goals in order to further advance the mission and help AIER realize its vision.
2. Financial Performance—overseeing fiscal integrity, managing and operating within approved budgets, and supporting fundraising strategy through oversight and strong donor relations.
3. Administration and Operations—ensuring legal and ethical compliance, establishing, and maintaining employment and administrative policies and procedures overall.
4. Board Governance—leading AIER as defined in its mission statement and statement of principles.
After nearly 90 years—and a truly breakout year in 2020—AIER is positioned to dramatically increase its influence. AIER is poised for a new president to address strategic questions and take the organization into the next stage of its growth.
To Apply, please visit: https://www.americanphilanthropic.com/open-searches/president/
- External Application Link
- Letters of Reference Link