JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2021 - July 31, 2021
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Bentonville, Arkansas, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: I1 -- Health
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Senior Health Economist will work collaboratively to conduct applied research on the economic costs of population health focused on the American Heartland. Consistent with the institute’s objective of becoming a thought leader and resource to Heartland policymakers, this position will impact public health policy and expand our capacity to address economic development policy.
• Conduct applied research and write up findings and recommendations that can be shared with stakeholders and disseminated to impact public policy
• Design and execute research studies on the causes, consequences, and costs associated with poor health, particularly conditions related to chronic diseases, such as cancer, cardiovascular disease, and diabetes.
• Conduct economic evaluations of the costs, effectiveness, and benefits of treatments, devices, drugs, and interventions – including the application of both cost-benefit analysis and cost-effectiveness analysis, to include the application of standardized outcomes such as Quality-Adjusted Life Years (QALYs).
• Make presentations that translate complex economic and financial issues for an educated lay audience such as leaders in business and public policy, as well as the media
• Build relationships with external stakeholders to make research relevant and impactful
- External Application Link