JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2021 - July 31, 2021
European School of Management and Technology (ESMT Berlin) / Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH)(IWH)
Position Title/Short Description
Section: International:Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Berlin / Halle (Saale), Berlin / Saxony Anhalt, GERMANY
F -- International Economics
J -- Labor and Demographic Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
As a joint appointment, the European School of Management and Technology (ESMT Berlin) and the Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH) – Member of the Leibniz Association seek to fill the position of
Professor in Finance and Labour
in conjunction with a position as
Head of Department Laws, Regulation and Factor Markets at the IWH,
starting at the earliest possible date.
The IWH is one of the seven economic research institutes of the Leibniz Association. The Institute’s research focuses on the analysis of long-term growth processes with special emphasis on the efficient allocation of labour and capital. ESMT Berlin is one of the top ranked private business schools in Europe and located in Berlin.
The successful candidate will lead the new Department of Laws, Regulations and Factor Markets (one of four research departments) at the IWH and will become a member of the Institute’s executive board. She/He represents the department’s research and policy advice to the scientific community, decision makers in economic policy, and the public. There is a teaching load of 50 points per year at ESMT Berlin associated with the position. The candidate:
- fulfills the formal requirements according to §35 of the University Law of Saxony-Anhalt (Lan-deshochschulgesetz Sachsen-Anhalt) and §100 (1) of the Law on Higher Education Institutions in the State of Berlin (Berliner Hochschulgesetz – BerlHG),
- possesses an understanding and appreciation of the regulating of financial and labour markets,
- has a distinguished, internationally outstanding publication record in Finance, Labour or a closely related field in economics,
- has a strong empirical-quantitative focus and is excited about communicating research results to policy makers, the press and the general public,
- has an interest in leading a research team of financial and labour economist and push the frontier of economic research at the border between finance and labour,
- has been successful in raising third-party funding,
- has an established record and commitment to excellence in teaching.
The two appointment committees of the IWH and ESMT will make their decision in consensus. Professor Reint E. Gropp, PhD, President of the IWH (Tel: +49 345 7753 700) and Professor Tamer Boyaci, PhD, Dean of Faculty and Research at ESMT (Tel: +49 30 212 31 1294) are available for further information.
Applications from disabled persons will be given priority in the case of equal suitability, ability and profes-sional expertise. ESMT and the IWH aim to increase the proportion of women in scientific positions and specifically encourage women to apply. Knowledge of German is not a prerequisite for the position, but the willingness to learn German is desirable.
We are looking forward to your application (including CV, list of publications, documentation of previous teaching experience including evaluation reports and lists of conference talks as well as successfully acquired third-party funds) submitted by 30.4.2021 (incoming mail stamp) to the following address: Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH), Vorstand, Kleine Maerkerstrasse 8, 06108 Halle (Saale), Germany, e-mail: board@ .
- Application Instructions Below
- Letters of Reference Instructions Below