JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2020 - January 31, 2021
Santa Clara University
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Santa Clara, California, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: G2 -- Financial Institutions and Services
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Purpose: The Department of Finance at the Leavey School of Business seeks to hire an Assistant Professor of Finance to start in the Fall of 2021.
Basic Qualifications: Applicants must have a Ph.D. completed or near completion in Finance, Economics or a related field by September 1, 2021. Candidates must have a demonstrated ability to publish their research in high-quality, peer-reviewed scholarly journals and also have demonstrated excellence in teaching at the undergraduate and/or graduate level.
Preferred Qualifications: The Department of Finance is seeking candidates in the areas of Real Estate Finance/Economics, preferably with a broader range of expertise in finance, applied economics, data analytics, or related disciplines.
1. Maintaining a program of research leading to publications in high-quality journals
2. Teaching graduate and/or undergraduate courses in finance and fulfilling the responsibilities associated with those courses.
3. Providing suitable service to the Department, University, profession, and/or community.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Interested applicants should fill out and submit an application with the following documents:
(1) a letter clearly stating the applicant’s interest in Santa Clara University,
(2) a vita,
(3) a statement of research and teaching interests,
(4) examples of peer-reviewed scholarship,
(5) evidence of undergraduate and/or graduate teaching effectiveness
(6) contact information (name, email and phone numbers) for 3 references to be contacted at the appropriate time.
- Student/Teacher/Course Evaluations/Effectiveness
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy and Research Plans
- Teaching Statement
All Letters of Recommendation Must Be Sent to finance@ .
Questions about this position may be directed to finance@
The Department of Finance will hold interviews via zoom.
Applications will be accepted and reviewed until the position is filled.
Work Authorization: A foreign national who is appointed to a tenured or tenure-track faculty position is eligible for sponsorship by Santa Clara University.
- External Application Link
- Letters of Reference Instructions Below