JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2020 - January 31, 2021
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Other Academic (Visiting or Temporary)
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: 00 -- 00 - Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
We are seeking a Research Scientist who will work with the senior leadership team of Opportunity Insights to conduct rigorous, high-quality public policy research on the condition and drivers of economic mobility in the US. As a member of the OI team,the Research Scientist will help us set the standard for high quality empirical analyses using large-administrative data sets to help develop research we hope ultimately improves economic mobility.
• Conducts in-depth high quality research under the direction of Professors Chetty, Friedman, and Hendren, leveraging large-scale administrative datasets.
• Develops research methods to answer academic questions of interest.
• Develops paper and slide material for disseminating research results to stakeholders.
• Develops and implements efficient coding and data handling processes.
• Meets with and briefs relevant external contacts on research.
• Collaborates with OI policy outreach efforts to help develop boutique analyses that are useful to support translation of research into accurate understandings in policy circles.
• Authors or co-authors policy reports, blogs, op-eds, and other commentary.
Applicants should send materials through the Harvard application portal. Up to three recommendation letters should be sent directly by references in the same manner.
Full consideration December 15,2020,applications accepted through March 15, 2021.
- External Application Link