JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2020 - January 31, 2021
The Graduate Center, CUNY
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Other Academic (Visiting or Temporary)
Location: New York, New York, UNITED STATES
H -- Public Economics
J -- Labor and Demographic Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Stone Center On Socio-Economic Inequality
The Graduate Center, CUNY (New York, NY)
Vacancy - Postdoctoral Scholar (CUNY title: Research Associate)
Full job description and application.
Full-time, 2-year appointment, beginning fall 2021
Salary: $87,000/year plus allowance for research-related expenditures
The Stone Center is hiring a Postdoctoral Scholar to pursue research on socio-economic inequality in the United States, cross-nationally, or both. The Research Associate will produce empirical research contributing to the growing national and international conversation on economic inequality, social mobility, and feasible strategies for furthering fair, effective, and efficient policy and institutional reforms.
Applicants should have:
- Ph.D. degree in economics in the fields of labor or public economics with a strong training in empirical methods. The Degree may not be older than seven (7) years upon submission of the application.
- Degree in hand or thesis defense scheduled to take place prior to position start date.
- Existing research portfolio, demonstrating interest in, and experience with empirical, methodological, or theoretical scholarship on socio-economic inequality and/or social mobility.
- High level of empirical and statistical skills, with expertise in quantitative methods and experience with complex data sets.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- External Application Link