JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2020 - January 31, 2021
Austin Community College
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Austin, Texas, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: A2 -- Economic Education and Teaching of Economics
Diversity and Inclusion
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Austin Community College welcomes applications for its full-time Faculty, Economics position who want to teach in a community college setting and engage with a diverse population of learners.
The future incumbent of this position will be responsible for the preparation and delivery of coursework in engaging, innovative, and discipline-appropriate ways that reflect a commitment to success equity, respect for diversity, an understanding of culturally responsive teaching, and knowledge of the teaching field. Meets professional standards for faculty in accordance with college policies and procedures.
Responsible to prepare and deliver Economics coursework in engaging, innovative, and discipline-appropriate ways that reflect a commitment to success equity, respect for diversity, an understanding of culturally responsive teaching, and knowledge of the teaching field.
The principal responsibilities and duties of this position include, however, not limited to the following:
- Prepares and teaches courses in the field of Economics to a diverse and multicultural student population based on the department's approved course learning outcomes, utilizing a variety of instructional strategies appropriate to the needs of community college students and the standards of the discipline.
- Participates actively in departmental responsibilities and departmental governance, including curriculum review and revision, program review, assessment of student learning outcomes at the course and program level, and other departmental activities.
- Evaluates student progress and provide clear, timely feedback reflecting program learning outcomes and departmental expectations.
Serve as a mentor to students in the Economics program.
-Provides teaching and mentoring services to students in a manner that does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, political affiliation, or other protected categories.
- RemainS current in the field through a variety of professional development activities.
Support division and department goals through active and collegial engagement in decision-making and unit-level planning.
Serves on collegewide and departmental committees, councils, workgroups, and task forces.
Perform other related tasks as assigned by the department chair, dean, and/or associate vice president, vice president, executive vice president.
Commitment To Equity and Inclusion:
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and underrepresented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
In accordance with the Southern Association of College and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) requirements. SACSCOC requirements may differ depending on the courses taught within the discipline. This position requires the following education requirements:
Master's degree in Economics; OR Master's degree with 18 graduate hours in Economics.
For specific requirements by course, please see the current year Faculty Qualifications Table located at .
Applicants are encouraged to refer to ACC's job posting to obtain a detailed job description and application procedures @ .
Austin Community College is a non-discriminatory employer
- External Application URL and Instructions Below
Interested applicants must submit an Austin Community College Employment online application and provide the listed below. Documents may be uploaded with the ACC Employment Application.
1. Cover letter
2. Curriculum Vitae or Resume - Your most recently updated C.V. or Resume (to include the documents below)
3. Statement of teaching philosophy.
4. Statement of past and/or potential contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the academic environment.
5. Please describe how you have and/or will contribute to the achievement of an inclusive and equitable academic environment for all students.
6. Transcripts (An unofficial transcripts may be uploaded with your application for review purposes)
7. Three professional references (contact information only)