JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2020 - January 31, 2021
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Other Nonacademic (Temporary, Part-Time, Non-Salaried, Consulting, Etc.)
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts, UNITED STATES
D9 -- Micro-Based Behavioral Economics
E2 -- Consumption, Saving, Production, Investment, Labor Markets, and Informal Economy
G4 -- Behavioral Finance
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Full‐Time Economics Term Research Assistant Job Description (Laibson/Madrian/Choi/Beshears)
Economics professors David Laibson (Harvard University), Brigitte Madrian (Brigham Young University), James Choi (Yale University), and John Beshears (Harvard Business School) are hiring a full‐time research assistant to start work in mid-June 2021. This position will last until mid-July 2022 or mid-July 2023 and will involve work on theoretical and empirical research related to behavioral economics, decision making, savings, and health behaviors. The research uses field data, experimental data, and hybrid field experiments.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performing statistical analyses on large databases
2. Designing and running experiments
3. Programming simulations of theoretical models
4. Proving theoretical results
1. Bachelor’s degree by start date (required)
2. Strong programming and quantitative skills, including coursework in multivariable calculus, matrix algebra, probability, and statistics (required)
3. Previous experience estimating econometric models (strongly preferred)
4. Interest in applying to a quantitative PhD program and pursuing an academic career (strongly preferred)
Visa sponsorship is available.
- External Application Link