JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2020 - January 31, 2021
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Locations: UNITED STATES
G -- Financial Economics
K -- Law and Economics
L -- Industrial Organization
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Compass Lexecon, one of the world's leading economic consulting firms specializing in financial and economic analysis of issues that arise in litigation, regulatory and policy matters, is seeking well-qualified candidates for its Senior Economist positions. Leading law firms, corporations (including many in the Fortune 500), government entities, and others engage Compass Lexecon to assist in high profile finance and antitrust litigation, merger reviews, government investigations, and other matters in the United States, European Union and worldwide. Compass Lexecon provides state of the art economic, econometric and financial research relying on the expertise of its in-house economists and academic affiliates. We have offices in Beijing, Boston, Brussels, Buenos Aires, Chicago, Copenhagen, Dusseldorf, Helsinki, London, Los Angeles, Madrid, Miami, New York, Oakland, Paris, Singapore, Tel Aviv, and Washington, DC.
We are currently seeking full-time economist and econometrician candidates. Ideal candidates possess (or are expecting) a PhD or MBA; and have strong analytical and quantitative skills. Senior Economists are involved in all phases of case work including:
- Identifying key economic and financial issues
- Assisting with the formulation of case strategy
- Applying academic research to economic and financial analyses
- Formulating economic and financial models
- Developing and implementing econometric models
- Performing quantitative and qualitative research
- Working with datasets and programming in statistical software such as SAS, STATA, R or MatLab
- Collaborating on case teams
- Managing aspects of projects, including supervising and advising junior staff
- Assisting senior staff or academic case experts
- Meeting with clients to present concise explanations of complex analyses
All candidates must possess strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment. Relevant academic, government or consulting experience is viewed favorably, but not required. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience. Additional information about Compass Lexecon can be found at .
- External Application URL and Instructions Below
- Letters of Reference Instructions Below
• Complete our online application in the link provided.
• Upload the following documents with your online application:
o Cover letter (indicating location preference)
o Curriculum vitae
o Authored job market paper
• Arrange for three letters of recommendation to be sent electronically to . In the subject line of your email, please indicate that you are responding to the J.O.E. posting.
All materials must be received by November 15, 2020. Please note, only complete application packages will be considered. Compass Lexecon is an equal opportunity M/F/D/V affirmative action employer