JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2020 - July 31, 2020
University of Wyoming
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Laramie, Wyoming, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: A2 -- Economic Education and Teaching of Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Regional Economist, University of Wyoming
The Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics in the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources at the University of Wyoming seeks applications for a 9-month tenure-track appointment at the Assistant Professor level in Regional Economics, with a focus on community economic development. The successful candidate will have a majority extension appointment with most of the remainder of the appointment focused on research and will also have an appointment as Faculty Research Fellow in the UW Center for Business and Economic Analytics.
• Ph.D. by time of hire in Agricultural Economics, Economics, or equivalent.
• Demonstrated coursework, experience or focus in regional economics or community economic development.
• Experience in local area economic analysis, including but not limited to topics in economic geography, economic impact analysis, or public finance.
• Demonstrated potential to publish in peer-reviewed academic journals.
• Excellent communication skills appropriate for technical and non-technical audiences
• Experience working with regional or community stakeholders.
• Demonstrated potential to effectively collaborate on disciplinary and multi-disciplinary teams.
- External Application Link