JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2020 - July 31, 2020
The MacroDyn Group
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: 00 -- 00 - Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
About The MacroDyn Group
The MacroDyn Group is an economic and technical consultancy based in Washington, DC. Our outstanding professional team of expert economists, policy professionals, analytical modelers, and data scientists are drawn from backgrounds in government, business, industry, and academia. MDG’s core Washington DC team is augmented by our international network of eminent researchers and subject-matter specialists from some of the world’s leading research institutions, enabling us to assemble project teams with targeted expertise.
We specialize in economic research and analysis, policy development and analysis, cutting-edge economic and empirical modeling, and advice and guidance on complex economic and policy matters with insights driven by decades of experience advising the highest levels of government and business in the US and around the world. We also design and implement capacity-building programs for many of our clients, in which we partner with them in longer term engagements designed to build capacity in economic, policy, and/or technical analysis, including through staff training, organizational development, and talent acquisition. Additionally, we provide clients with the option to effectively outsource an economic and technical functionality, providing a flexibility in resource commitment that aligns with natural variation in internal and external demand sources.
About the Position
The Senior Manager supports senior leadership in project management by overseeing a project team, potentially including a workstream responsibility for a large-scale project, or overall project responsibility for smaller scale engagements. The Senior Manager is responsible for the quality of client deliverables, and proficiency in the role requires Senior Managers to have a comprehensive understanding of economic theory and applications, and significant levels of familiarity with applied techniques potentially including analytical, simulation, empirical, and data science techniques. The Senior Manager also creates and executes a project plan, assigns and tracks the progress of tasks, and briefs an internal contract Senior Manager on a project’s status. The Senior Manager independently interfaces with clients, professionally addresses client concerns, develops solutions to problems, and provides status updates to clients. While working on deliverables, the Senior Manager will work closely with The MacroDyn Group’s senior economic, policy, technical, and communications professionals, and will have the opportunity to benefit from professional development in a variety of economic, business development, research, and technical fields.
• Advanced degree in economics, statistics, data science, or a related field
• 2-5 years of professional experience in a related field
• Experience planning and executing projects and managing a team and multiple works flows simultaneously
• Experience interfacing with clients and addressing client concerns
• Experience with a statistical package such as STATA or a programing language such as R or Python
• Ph.D. in economics, statistics, data science, public policy, public administration, business administration or related field
• Proficiency in a programing language and experience with database management, machine learning, experimental design, or predictive analysis.
• Experience with CGE and other simulation techniques, including proficiency with GEMPACK or GAMS
• Certified Associate in Project Management or Certified Project Management Professional
• Competitive salary and benefits
• Excellent professional development opportunities, including opportunities to learn about policy analysis, economic modeling and analytics from recognized leading practitioners.
- Application Instructions Below