JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2020 - July 31, 2020
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Princeton, New York, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: 00 -- 00 - Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Initiative for Data-Driven Social Science (DDSS) at Princeton University invites applications for a Senior Research Specialist (SR) position, which will provide research and data management support for a variety of computational social science research projects. The SRS will serve as a key contact and consultant for a portfolio of faculty research projects across social science disciplines.
Reporting to the DDSS Executive Director and working closely with Princeton faculty and professional researchers, the Senior Research Specialist will assist with the collection, documentation, and statistical analysis of large data sets. The position will serve as a technical and methodological consultant for faculty, staff, and students in areas of data-intensive social science research design and practice. In addition, this individual will be expected to write summaries of research, perform literature searches and reviews, and post and retrieve information from online repositories.
* A Master's degree in a social science field, computer science, mathematics, statistics, or related computational field.
* Excellent programming skills in Python, R, C/C++, Stata, or other languages used in social science research.
* Excellent research and writing skills.
* Experience managing projects from initiation through completion.
- External Application URL and Instructions Below