JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2020 - July 31, 2020
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: New Haven, Connecticut, UNITED STATES
D1 -- Household Behavior and Family Economics
I1 -- Health
J1 -- Demographic Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Research Specialist – New Haven, CT
Professor Jason Abaluck of Yale University weeks to hire a highly skilled research associate to work on projects investigating topics in health economics, especially focused on health outcomes. The position is funded through the National Bureau of Economics Research and will be located at Yale University.
The candidate will perform research and data analysis for several projects investigating whether consumers make informed choice and how best to design healthcare markets in light of the complexity of decision-making in this sector.
• Develop research files from large claim datasets.
• Work independently with senior researchers and programmers in various locations.
• Maintain documentation of datasets and analyses.
• Summarize and present findings; help prepare manuscripts.
• Bachelor’s degree in economics, statistics or related quantitative field.
• Proficiency in Stata is required; proficiency in R, SAS, Python or Matlab may be useful but is unnecessary
• Familiarity with the health care system and clinical terms and concepts.
• Prior research assistant experience
Please scan the following into one pdf document and upload into the online application at:
1) Cover letter describing your interests and qualifications
- External Application Link