JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2019 - January 31, 2020
Appalachian Regional Commission
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, UNITED STATES
H -- Public Economics
R -- Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
ARC’s mission is to innovate, invest, and strengthen economic growth in Appalachia to help the Region achieve socioeconomic parity with the nation.
The Economist formulates, develops, executes, and communicates ARC’s socioeconomic research program. This position develops the research strategy, implements and manages research projects, and provides technical assistance, presentations, and guidance on ARC socioeconomic research findings.
• Demonstrated research skills including advanced analytical techniques
• Experience with planning and conducting research studies and projects
• Master’s degree (or other advanced degree) in Economics or closely related field
• Core competencies: accountability, adaptability, collaboration, communication, critical analysis
• Successful completion (prior to hire) and maintenance of background security review
• Ability to travel (up to 30%)
ARC offers a competitive benefits package which includes health insurance, 401(k), paid time off, commuting subsidy, professional development, etc.
- External Application Link