JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2019 - January 31, 2020
University of Washington
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Other Academic (Visiting or Temporary)
Location: Seattle, Washington, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
We are seeking investigators who have completed a doctoral degree program and have committed to firearm violence research as their primary research focus for a two-year postdoctoral program of mentored, applied research on firearm injury and policy.
This position reports to principal investigators, Drs. Rivara and Rowhani-Rahbar. The content will be tailored to meet the fellow's goals and objectives. Fellows are expected to participate in examining causes and consequences of firearm violence and injury, and evaluating the implementation and effectiveness of public policy for firearm violence and injury prevention.
· Collaborate in ongoing research, and design/lead studies, with faculty mentorship.
· Contribute to the literature/scholarly work on firearm violence and injury.
· Must have completed a doctorate in a related field.
· Must be able to commit full-time professional effort.
· We encourage applications from various fields (medical, public health, policy, etc).
· Content knowledge/interest in firearm violence and injury research.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Positive, upbeat, and flexible in approach to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Comfortable with juggling demands of a busy, frequently changing plan of work in a professional manner, while exhibiting sound judgment about priorities and work scope.
- Application Instructions Below