JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2019 - January 31, 2020
California State University Fullerton
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Fullerton, California, UNITED STATES
I1 -- Health
Q5 -- Environmental Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Department of Economics in the Mihaylo College of Business and Economics at California State University, Fullerton, invites applications for one or more full-time tenure-track positions at the Assistant/Associate Professor level starting in the 2020-21 academic year in the areas of either environmental economics or health economics.
A successful candidate must be an outstanding researcher with a strong commitment to teaching and mentoring. Teaching duties will include applicable field courses, econometrics, and microeconomics at the undergraduate and master’s level. Other responsibilities include contributing to the supervision of undergraduate and graduate research; publishing in quality peer-reviewed journals; providing service at the Department/College/University levels and participating in the broader disciplinary community.
Candidates for a position must:
• Possess a Ph.D. in a relevant field by the start of the appointment.
• Demonstrate research potential as evidenced by research papers/publication record and ongoing research in at least one of the areas mentioned above.
• Demonstrate effectiveness in teaching.
• Possess the ability to work and communicate effectively with a culturally diverse range of students, staff, colleagues, and community.
The department also has some preference for candidates who have
• Familiarity with the R programming language.
• Teaching experience with full course responsibilities.
- External Application Link