JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2019 - January 31, 2020
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
BRG provides independent advice, data analytics, authoritative studies, expert testimony, investigations, and regulatory and dispute consulting to Fortune 500 corporations, financial institutions, government agencies, major law firms, and regulatory bodies around the world. BRG experts provide sophisticated economic, financial, and analytical advice across a wide range of disciplines, including antitrust and competition policy, complex damages, finance, healthcare, intellectual property, restructuring, valuation, and workforce issues. In addition, the firm assists clients in major industry sectors with compliance, business process improvement, and strategy consulting.
BRG’s economic practice is rapidly growing. We are currently looking to add PhD candidates that have an interest in answering real-world applied economics questions, including in the areas of Intellectual Property, Antitrust, International Arbitration, and more generally, applied economics. This position requires a highly motivated problem solver with robust analytical ability, strong organizational skills, and a desire to advance within the organization. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in litigation or economic consulting. The work will involve both execution and oversight of engagement work streams that may be either quantitative or qualitative in nature, with responsibilities to include: design of economic, statistical, and financial analysis, modeling of financial data and markets, management of existing client relationships, development and presentation of client deliverables, management of junior staff, quality control, industry research, and expansion of business. This position offers advancement opportunities within a rapidly growing expert services and consulting firm.
We are looking for individuals with the following qualifications:
• PhD in Economics.
• 2 – 5 years of experience in litigation or economic consulting, preferred.
• Excellent, demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
• Keen interest in economic, statistical, or financial analysis and research. Proven capability with MS Excel and analytical software/relational database program(s) (e.g., SAS, Stata, MS SQL Server, R, MS Access, SPSS). A desire to expand those capabilities is required, as is the ability to train others to use such tools.
• Desire and ability to manage processes and other consultants.
• Commitment to producing high quality analysis and attention to details.
• Desire to work within a team environment.
• Demonstrate an interest in generating business and becoming known in the marketplace as an Expert in their field.
• Experience in Financial Economics, Securities or Capital Markets is a plus
• Washington DC
• New York
For more information about BRG, please see our website:
- Job Market Paper
- Letters of Reference