JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2019 - January 31, 2020
Position Title/Short Description
Section: International:Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Ahmedabad, Gujarat, INDIA
D -- Microeconomics
E -- Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics
F -- International Economics
H -- Public Economics
L -- Industrial Organization
M -- Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics
O -- Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Ahmedabad University in India is seeking to appoint Assistant, Associate and Full Professors at the Amrut Mody School of Management. Areas of interest include all areas of economics but particularlty Macro and Monetary Economics, International Economics and Finance, Public Economics, Behvioral Economics, Mathematical Economics, and Microeconomics.
Ahmedabad University supports innovative, interdisciplinary, project-based education, and asserts the centrality of the arts and sciences in a broad, fulfilling education. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic new private research-intensive university with a public ethos. Faculty is expected to (a) engage in high-level research, seek external funding for their research, and publish in their specialist field, and (b) teach, supervise, and examine undergraduate and graduate students.
Applicants must have a doctorate degree (or be close to its completion) from an institution of international repute. They must also have a record of or potential for excellence in teaching and research, commensurate with their stages of career and the appointments desired.
The University is looking to attract ambitious scholars from around the world and is developing links with some of the finest academic institutions and companies.
- Application Instructions Below
- Letters of Reference Instructions Below
1. A letter stating their interest in a position at the University and outlining briefly their qualifications for it;
2. An up-to-date curriculum vitae detailing their education, jobs held, university teaching experience, publications along with a list of three referees;
3. One representative article or other publication as an example of their scholarship; and
4. A statement of their future research and teaching interests (maximum length, 1000 words).
Applications and enquiries should be made to the Amrut Mody School of Management to the office of the Dean using the email address deanamsom@ .