JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2019 - January 31, 2020
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Seattle, Washington, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Economists at Amazon will work directly with our Chief Economists and senior management on key business problems faced in retail, international retail, cloud computing, third party merchants, search, Kindle, streaming video, and operations. Amazon Economists will apply the frontier of economic thinking to market design, pricing, forecasting, program evaluation, online advertising and other areas. You will build econometric models, using our world class data systems, and apply economic theory to solve business problems in a fast moving environment.
Amazon will be attending the 2019 NABE Tech Economics Conference in Seattle (November 3rd – 5th ) and the annual AEA conference in San Diego (January 3rd - 5th, 2020). If you are planning on attending one of these conferences, or are interested in learning more, then we strongly encourage you to apply. Please also note that we hire on a recurring basis throughout the year.
· PhD in Economics, finance, quantitative marketing or highly related field
· We are hiring for all experience levels and encourage anyone in the industry, consulting, government or academic research sectors to apply.
• Internship: Key Criteria – PhD candidates enrolled in their 3rd year, or more, and not currently on the job market, please apply to: econ-internship@
• Full-Time Employment: Post PhD candidates interested in full-time positions at Amazon, please apply to: economist-careers@
• Amazon Scholars: The Amazon Scholars program is designed for academics from universities around the globe who want to apply research methods in practice and help us solve hard technical challenges without leaving their academic institutions. As an Amazon Scholar, your responsibilities may include 1) advising business leaders on strategic plans, 2) diving deep to solve a specific technical problem in an organization’s roadmap, and 3) advising junior researchers on methods. For more information, please visit and/or email scholars-interest@
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation