JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2019 - January 31, 2020
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Newark, Delaware, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: C -- Mathematical and Quantitative Methods
Full Text of JOE Listing:
A world leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 66,000 employees and serves more than 3.6 million customers and patients.
The R&D Data Science group at Air Liquide has an opening for a Data Scientist / Economist. The researcher will have the opportunity to work on challenging problems focusing on our customers.
The researcher will also interact with multi-disciplinary teams composed of Business, IT and Digital resources that builds digital solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a safety role model and promote a high level of safety awareness.
- Collaborate with business units to generate insights on our customers using a wide variety of statistical methods and models
- Support the deployment of models in the business units.
- Work with IT and external organizations to collect online/offline data.
- Collaborate with academia on marketing and economics research.
- Publish research in internal reports, at conferences and peer-reviewed journals
- PhD in quantitative social science (Economics, Business, Marketing)
- Experience in statistics and machine learning
- Programming skills in Python
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and international team.
- Research Papers