JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2019 - July 31, 2019
Kellogg School of Management
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Other Academic (Part-time or Adjunct)
Location: Evanston, Illinois, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Position: Teaching Assistant Contractor
Hours: Hours vary and are flexible; hours worked will be approximately 10 hours per week in general and 10-20 hours per week during quarterly midterms and finals.
Pay: $25.00 per hour
Campus: This position can be completed remotely or on the Evanston campus.
Approximate start date: 9/24/19
Approximate end date: 9/23/20
The Kellogg Finance Department is looking for highly skilled and motivated individuals to work as independently contracted Teaching Assistants. One-year and ad hoc positions are available. Applications should be submitted by June 30, 2019.
Duties vary but may include: remotely grading exams or homework assignments and holding review sessions on the Evanston campus or remotely via Canvas. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to interact with faculty at Northwestern University. In addition, successful candidates may work on research projects with faculty members of the department.
Teaching Assistants will provide support to a variety of Finance classes depending on their backgrounds and the Department's grading needs.
• A bachelor's degree in business or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Ability to video-conference and scan completed graded materials
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Strong organization skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Knowledge of MS Office
• Attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task, manage multiple priorities, and adhere to deadlines
• Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
• Available to work late on occasional evenings as needed for courses
• Available to work the weekend after finals every quarter
• A bachelor’s degree in economics or finance
• Experience as a course assistant
• Familiarity with Canvas and ForClass Learning Management Software
Required Software: MS Office suite 2013 or later (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Application Instructions Below
Please attach the following to your application:
1. A cover letter briefly describing your career or academic goals, your teaching experience, and your experience as a research assistant or other experience with economic research (if applicable)
2. A current CV
3. Complete undergraduate and graduate transcripts (unofficial is fine)
4. Teaching evaluations (if available)