JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2019 - July 31, 2019
Position Title/Short Description
Section: International: Other Academic (Visiting or Temporary)
Location: HONG KONG
JEL Classification: K -- Law and Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Competition Commission is an independent statutory body responsible for enforcing the Hong Kong Competition Ordinance.
Head (Economics & Policy)
Reporting to the CEO/SED, the position holder will lead the Competition Commission’s Economics and Policy Division in providing economic advice for enforcement cases, conducting studies into relevant markets and supporting competition policy advisory work.
• A PhD degree in economics, or equivalent;
• Experience and/or qualifications in quantitative techniques/econometrics;
• At least 7 years’ relevant experience in advising on competition economics and policy;
• Able to communicate complex economic concepts in a clear manner to non-economists;
• Experience in managing and training a small team of economists;
• Excellent drafting and presentation skills in English;
• Experience gained in a competition or regulatory authority preferred; and
• Proficiency in the Chinese language is an advantage.
Terms: 2-year contract
Basic Salary: from HK$106,270 per month (depending on candidate’s qualifications and experience)
Cash Allowance: 10% of the basic salary
Contract-end Gratuity: 15% of the basic salary (including 5% employer’s contribution of MPF)
Fringe Benefits: Annual leave, medical benefits, life insurance and MPF. Relocation allowance will be offered to an overseas appointee.
Interested applicants should submit their applications at https://www.compcomm.hk/en/about/career/current_vacancies.html before 06.06.2019.
- External Application URL and Instructions Below