JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2019 - July 31, 2019
Weill Cornell Medicine
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Other Academic (Visiting or Temporary)
Location: New York, New York, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: I1 -- Health
Status Update: Position has been filled
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Division of Comparative Effectiveness and Outcomes Research is seeking a Postdoctoral Associate with an interest in conducting comparative economic evaluations of substance use disorder interventions alongside clinical trials and cohort studies.
The Postdoctoral Associate will participate in several research projects currently funded by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) and the NIDA Clinical Trials Network (CTN) under the supervision of Sean Murphy, PhD and Bruce Schackman, PhD, and will have the opportunity to be responsible for independent areas of research within these projects. Drs. Murphy and Schackman are members of the leadership of the Center for Health Economics of Treatment Interventions for Substance Use Disorder, HCV, and HIV (CHERISH), a multi-institutional Center of Excellence, funded by NIDA. The Center’s mission is to develop and disseminate health economic research on healthcare utilization, health outcomes, and health-related behaviors that informs substance use disorder treatment policy and HCV and HIV care of people who use substances.
The successful applicant will have:
* a background in economics or a closely related field;
* methodological expertise in econometrics, pharmacoeconomics, or a related area;
* excellent organizational and communication skills, including strong writing skills; and
* familiarity with substance use disorders and related conditions.
- Application Instructions Below
- Letters of Reference Instructions Below