JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2019 - July 31, 2019
LMC International Ltd
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Troy, Michigan, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: Q -- Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
LMC International seeks a senior Economist to lead its small North American research team in Troy, Michigan.
LMC serves the global agribusiness sector and its downstream food, fuel and chemical industries, delivering industry and policy analysis, as well as short-term market projections and long-term strategic insights.
The successful candidate will be required to:
• Prepare reports and presentations for clients
• Liaise with other offices, especially with the Oxford, England HQ
• Engage with and develop relationships with market participants
• Manage junior economists
• Master’s degree (or higher) in Economics, with Ag Economics preferred
• 3 or more years’ experience in applied economic and quantitative analysis
• Familiarity with North American agriculture
The role will suit a candidate who possesses:
• Curiosity and an interest in agricultural commodity research
• Numeracy and commercial awareness
• Ability to write clearly about economic and market analysis
• An outgoing personality
• Good interpersonal skills and integrity
Financial package will be competitive and reflect the successful applicant’s skills and experience.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and complete the required employment eligibility verification document upon hire.
- Application Instructions Below
- Letters of Reference Instructions Below