JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2019 - July 31, 2019
Central Connecticut State University
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: New Britain, Connecticut, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Department of Economics at Central Connecticut State University (CCSU) seeks applicants for a tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor level beginning August 2019. Responsibilities include teaching introductory and upper-division courses, engaging in scholarly research leading to refereed publications, serving on departmental and university committees, advising students, and participating in allied professional activities (as outlined in the Department’s Promotion and Tenure Guidelines, available at http://web.ccsu.edu/facultysenate/files/Department_P__T_Guidelines/EconomicsPTGuide2017.pdf). Candidates are expected to be committed to multiculturalism and working with a diverse student body.
• Ph.D. in Economics or related field, by December 2019, with primary specialization in Environmental Economics (JEL code Q5)
• Commitment to serving culturally, ethnically, and linguistically diverse communities.
• A secondary specialization in Climate Change.
• Evidence of demonstrated effectiveness in teaching as a primary instructor at the undergraduate level, scholarly research, and professional activity commensurate with experience.
Application and Appointment: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Salary and rank are commensurate with education and experience. Priority will be given to applications received by February 15, 2019. To begin the application process, go to www.ccsu.edu/jobs.
Central Connecticut State University is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
- External Application Link
- Letters of Reference Link