JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2018 - July 31, 2018
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Seattle, Washington, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: G -- Financial Economics
Status Update: Listing has been Removed.
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Global efforts to expand digital financial inclusion hinge on whether governments, regulators, and commercial providers adopt evidence-based interventions which have been proven to expand the poor’s access to digital financial tools. The Program Officer, Digital Financial Services (DFS) Research will develop research interventions to generate this evidence. Priority research topics include: DFS infrastructure and public service delivery; DFS & women’s economic empowerment; Cash transfer design; Consumer protection. More detail can be found here:
· Advanced degree (Masters required; PhD preferred) in economics, statistics, public policy or related field, plus 7-10+ years relevant experience
· Deep expertise in data analysis, statistics/econometrics, and other quantitative methods
· Expertise in design and management of large-scale surveys and randomized experiments
· Expertise in use of information and communication technologies (ICT) to improve public service delivery
This position is located in Seattle, WA. The foundation offers a full relocation package, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits program that reflects the foundation’s values and culture.
- External Application Link