JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2017 - January 31, 2018
University of California, Berkeley
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Other Nonacademic (Temporary, Part-Time, Non-Salaried, Consulting, Etc.)
Location: Berkeley, California, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: J -- Labor and Demographic Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Research Data Analyst - University of California, Berkeley
The Institute for Research on Labor and Employment’s (IRLE) at UC Berkeley is recruiting for a Research Data Analyst who will assist with IRLE Director Professor Jesse Rothstein’s research projects, beginning in July 2018.
• Bachelor’s degree in economics, public policy, or a related field.
• Coursework and/or applied research experience in econometrics, including experience with Stata or other similar language, is strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated quantitative skills and experience in data/statistical analysis, including analyzing large government datasets. Strong Stata programming skills.
• Ability to take initiative and manage projects with minimal supervision, including strong time management skills.
• Skills to communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner both verbally and in writing.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including strong writing skills.
Salary & Benefits:
This is a full-time, one year contract position with the possibility of extension, beginning July 2018. Salary will be commensurate with experience. For information on the comprehensive benefits package visit:
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying here:
For Full* consideration, please apply by January 15, 2018.
- External Application Link