JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2017 - January 31, 2018
University of California, Irvine
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Other Academic (Visiting or Temporary)
Location: Irvine, California, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: C6 -- Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling
Logic & Philosophy of Science
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Institute for Mathematical and Behavioral Sciences has an opening for a Postdoctoral Fellow.
Applicants must have (1) a strong background in mathematics with application to the social or behavioral sciences, (2) be able to contribute to the Institute's ongoing research initiatives, and (3) must possess a Ph.D. by the date of employment with training in one or more of the disciplines represented in the School of Social Sciences at the University of California, Irvine including Cognitive Science, Economics, Logic & Philosophy of Science, Political Science and Sociology. Prior publication history is desirable. Salary and level will be determined based on qualifications and experience.
Applications accepted beginning December 1, 2017 through March 1, 2018. IMBS will begin reviewing on a rolling basis beginning January 8, 2018.
A publication history applying mathematics to the social or behavioral sciences is preferred.
(1) Strong background in mathematics,
(2) Training in one of the disciplines represented in the School of Social Sciences at the University of California, Irvine,
(3) Prior publication history or promising research program,
(4) Ability to contribute to the Institute's ongoing research initiatives.
- External Application URL and Instructions Below