JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2017 - January 31, 2018
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Barcelona, SPAIN
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Strategic Planning and Research Department of CaixaBank, the leading retail bank in Spain, has openings in two of its units (Macroeconomics and Financial Markets). Our work, based on an applied approach, rigor and a solid analytical foundation, is aimed at an internal audience (top management) and an external audience (investors, clients and professional economists).
• Analyze global macroeconomic developments.
• Develop quantitative models for analysis and forecasting.
• Prepare and present reports and papers on these topics.
• Monitors developments and outlook in key financial markets and contributes to forecasts.
• Conducts research on selected topics, like yield curve modeling, asset pricing.
• Prepares regular reports for top management.
• Education: Economist with a graduate degree (Master's Degree or PhD from a top university); knowledge of quantitative methods is a plus.
• Experience: Previous experience in similar posts will be valued.
• Languages: Spanish and English required.
- Ability to synthesize complex problems
- Oral and written communication skills
- Application Instructions Below
- Letters of Reference Instructions Below
To learn more about us, check