JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2017 - January 31, 2018
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Other Academic (Visiting or Temporary)
Location: New York, New York, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
One or more postdoctoral fellowships in Economics are being offered through Columbia University under the supervision of Professor Joseph E. Stiglitz.
The fellowships will focus on the topics of:
• Inequality -- analyzing its dimensions and causes (including the role of rent-seeking), its consequences, and policy responses;
• Macroeconomics -- with a particular focus on advancing our understanding of the causes of deep downturns, including the role of structural transformations and slow recovery;
• Macro-economic externalities -- including analyses of the consequences of rigidities, non-rational expectations, credit and other market interlinkages, etc;
• Sovereign debt crises resolution;
• Artificial intelligence and its effects on macroeconomic dynamics and long-run growth.
The term of each fellowship is one year with the option to extend to two, and the appointments are scheduled to begin as early as June 2018.
- Application Instructions Below
The salary and other benefits for the position will be competitive with other postdoctoral fellowships and commensurate with experience.
For consideration submit your CV, cover letter, job market paper, and three references to cupostdoc2014@ . The deadline for applications is December 5, 2017.
Selected candidates will be interviewed in the 2018 ASSA Meetings in Philadelphia, January 5-7.
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity Employer; people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQI candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.