JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2017 - January 31, 2018
Central Connecticut State University
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: New Britain, Connecticut, UNITED STATES
E3 -- Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles
E4 -- Money and Interest Rates
E5 -- Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Central Connecticut State University invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor beginning August 2018. Responsibilities include teaching introductory and upper-division courses, engaging in scholarly research leading to refereed publications, serving on departmental and university committees, advising students, and participating in allied professional activities. Candidates are expected to have familiarity/experience with the internship process and to have (or be willing to establish) professional relationships with local businesses and government agencies (or have a plan for how these relationships will be established).
• Doctoral degree in Economics or related field, by the time of appointment, with primary specialization in Money and Banking (JEL Code E3, E4, or E5)
• Commitment to serving culturally, ethnically, and linguistically diverse communities.
• A secondary specialization in Econometrics (with a focus on quantitative methods common to Macroeconomics) or International Economics
• Evidence of demonstrated effectiveness in teaching as a primary instructor at the undergraduate level, scholarly research, and professional activity commensurate with experience.
For full consideration, applications must be received by November 3, 2017. Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
For more information and application instructions, go to: https://hrat.ccsu.edu/default.php.
CCSU is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
- External Application URL and Instructions Below