JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2017 - January 31, 2018
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts, UNITED STATES
D9 -- Micro-Based Behavioral Economics
E2 -- Consumption, Saving, Production, Investment, Labor Markets, and Informal Economy
G4 -- Behavioral Finance
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Economics professors David Laibson (Harvard University), Brigitte Madrian (Harvard Kennedy School), James Choi (Yale University), and John Beshears (Harvard Business School) are hiring full‐time research assistants with start dates during the summer of 2018. These one or two year positions involve work on theoretical and empirical research related to behavioral economics, decision making, savings, and health behaviors. The research uses field data, experimental data, and hybrid field experiments.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performing statistical analyses on large databases
2. Designing and running experiments
3. Programming simulations of theoretical models
4. Proving theoretical results
1. Bachelor’s degree by start date (required)
2. Strong programming and quantitative skills, including coursework in multivariable calculus, matrix algebra, probability, and statistics (required)
3. Previous experience estimating econometric models (strongly preferred)
4. Interest in applying to a quantitative PhD program and pursuing an academic career (strongly preferred)
Visa sponsorship is available.
- External Application Link