JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2017 - January 31, 2018
University of Windsor
Position Title/Short Description
Section: International:Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Windsor, Ontario, CANADA
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The University of Windsor invites applications for a tenure-track position in the Department of Economics at the rank of Assistant Professor commencing July 1, 2018. This position is subject to final budgetary approval.
Candidates in any field of economics will be considered; we particularly encourage applications from candidates with a specialization in labor economics, international economics, public economics, urban/regional economics, environmental economics, or health economics. This position is one of 50 new tenure-track Assistant Professor appointments that the University of Windsor will make over the next three years as part of a visionary strategic investment in our students and faculty.
This cohort of 50 new teachers, scholars, researchers, and creators will demonstrate both disciplinary grasp and interdisciplinary reach, providing extraordinary leadership in research, teaching, and learning for a new generation. For more information on the 50 new appointments, visit us at . The successful candidate should have a Ph.D. or be near completion by the date of appointment. The candidate will combine a strong commitment to quality teaching with excellent research potential.
All candidates must apply online at .
The deadline for applications is November 19, 2017. Applications may be considered after the deadline date at the discretion of the appointments committee.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
• a letter of application, including a statement of citizenship/immigration status;
• a detailed and current curriculum vitae;
• two (2) page outline of research interests and accomplishments;
• samples of scholarly writing, including (if applicable) clear indications of your contribution to any jointly authored pieces;
• a teaching dossier or teaching portfolio demonstrating a potential for or evidence of teaching effectiveness and excellence that will include sample course syllabi/outlines, teaching evaluations, and a statement of teaching philosophy and interests (resources and templates for completing a teaching dossier can be found at
• graduate transcripts; and
• three (3) current letters of reference forwarded directly by the referees to the Department Head at econhead@ .
- External Application URL and Instructions Below