JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2017 - January 31, 2018
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: O3 -- Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The National Bureau of Economic Research is the nation’s leading non-profit economic research organization.
The NBER has an opening for a Research Analyst (RA) who will support a project on the economics of innovation and science, focused on the life sciences sector.
Responsibilities are expected to include:
• Writing programs to match disparate data sources,
• Working with data sets, cleaning and running checks to spot errors, and preparing data for analysis,
• Assisting with literature reviews,
• Assisting in the preparation of academic papers being submitted to journals,
• Any other work assigned by Research Managers or PIs.
Candidates for this position will have a bachelor’s degree in either computer science, economics, or biology. The ideal candidate will have good programing skills and knowledge of machine learning techniques. Strong familiarity with Stata and MySQL is definitely a plus.
The position is an especially good match for candidates contemplating application to a PhD program in economics or management in the near future.
The PIs are Pierre Azoulay & Bhaven Sampat.
For more information on the NBER, please visit .
No phone calls, please.
- External Application Link