JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2017 - July 31, 2017
Brennan Center for Justice at NYU School of Law
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Other Nonacademic (Temporary, Part-Time, Non-Salaried, Consulting, Etc.)
Location: New York, New York, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: K0 -- General
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Brennan Center for Justice at NYU School of Law is seeking an Economist to work as a consultant with the Justice Program. The start date for this consultancy is approximately July 2017.
• Conducting original research for reports, including performing economic, empirical, and cost-benefit analysis; gathering hard-to-find data; and proposing creative solutions to methodological challenges.
• Provide strategic direction to researchers on collecting hard-to-find data, fact-checking empirical work, and methodologies for research.
• Draft sections of research reports, in collaboration with policy staff.
• Communicate with Center senior leadership and the Brennan Center’s Economic Advisory Board to discuss report methodologies and other project aspects. Option to speak to media, at conferences, and to government officials about report findings.
The Economist will be compensated as an independent contractor at a competitive rate to be set by contract.
Applications will be selected for interviews on a rolling basis. For a full list of desired qualifications and to apply, visit . Please upload (where it says “attach resume”) as one document the following application materials: cover letter, CV, an original research paper, and three reference letters. Any questions should be addressed to brennancenterjobs@ with “Justice Economist” in the subject line.
- External Application Link