JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2016 - January 31, 2017
Renmin University of China
Position Title/Short Description
Section: International:Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Beijing, Beijing, CHINA
JEL Classification: F0 -- General
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Economic and Political Studies (EPS) will recruit a full-time Assistant Editor. EPS is a peer-reviewed English journal hosted by Renmin University of China and published by Taylor& Francis Group (ISSN 2095-4816, CN 10-1049/C). It is published quarterly both in print and online. The Editor-in-Chief is Professor Wei Liu, the Chancellor of Renmin University of China, and the Executive Editor is Professor Chengsi Zhang, Director of the Department of Finance. With a notable focus on China, EPS aims to disseminate significant theoretical, analytical, and empirical research on political-economic phenomena in, or relevant to, China that have wider implications for economic and political studies. EPS encourages solid research findings that may pose challenges to and even revise the existing theories and methodologies.
1. The role and responsibilities:
* Liaise with Taylor&Francis Group;
* Liaise with overseas scholars and institutions on political economics;
* Search for and liaise with referees;
* Assist in deciding on themes and solicitation and screening of papers;
* Undertake copy-editing and proof of manuscripts;
* Attend conferences and seminars of political economics and economics;
* Contribute to development and promotion of the journal;
* Carrying out other tasks related to publishing EPS.
The details above are not a comprehensive list of the activities which may be carried out by the post holder, and activities may change as a result of developments and changes in EPS.
2. The requirement for qualifications, skills and experience:
* A doctorial degree in Economics or related disciplines granted by an overseas university;
* Substantial knowledge of political economics and/or economics;
* Fluent in reading, writing and spoken English;
* Have a passion for editorial work;
* Good interpersonal skills and team member;
* Ability to work both to set targets and under pressure;
* Candidates who have publications or editorial experience of academic journals in English will be given a prior consideration.
EPS supports and encourages the training and development of its staff; and participation in appropriate training and development activities is a requirement of the position.
3. Salary and benefits:
* The level of salary is equivalent to that of Chinese university lecturer;
* Welfare package of staff of member of Renmin University of China;
* Allowance of the Periodical Department of Renmin University of China.
4. Response and application instructions:
Individuals who are interested in the position can send their cover letter and CV to journal@ . The deadline of application is December 10, 2016.
To find more about EPS, please visit the website at and/or ring the Editorial Office +86 10 62514880.
- Application Instructions Below